Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catch Up Time!

And the award for worst blogger of the year goes to......ME!

Wowsers! It's technically been well over a year since my last post. I keep trying to get back in the swing of things but I feel like I don't know where to start. Guess I might as well start somewhere.... so it looks like late on a boring Wednesday evening is as good a start as any! Although this is not jump starting my plan to go to bed early....but that's another story.

2010 was a great year! I say this because if nothing bad is happening...that's my kind of year! The only notable happening to mention here is that I graduated with my Masters in Human Resource Management, and with a perfect 4.0. Super pumped to be done with school. Next up: my PHR Certification (Professional in Human Resources.) That's my goal for 2011!

2011 is shaping up to be pretty exciting. Hopefully as things progress I'll do a better job of keeping you up to date on Spann Clan happenings!

Let me take this opportunity to fell you a bit about my new hobby! Back in August, right before we were about to go on vacation to Delaware/Philly/Washington, I started to get a strong desire to take pictures. Not just any pictures, but "good" and creative pictures. So I purchased a dslr camera, a photography book, and a memory card and got to work. I've done my "homework" practically every single day since I got the camera. I want to learn as much as possible. At this point I feel very comfortable with how the camera works, but I'm perfecting how to see creatively.

So on that note...let's play catch up in pictures!

Over the past few months I've taken plenty of photographs of my children (aka our doggies). Here's Maddie:

Became addicted to Scentsy. It smells soooo delicious!



In October Stephen and I went to Beavers Bend (Oklahoma) with Dad and Linda for some camping fun.




I also did a "photoshoot" for a friend on her birthday. My first official gig. ha!

 Christopher got his Aggie Ring in November! This is a big deal to us Aggies and we are all super proud of him for his accomplishment. Everyone (except Bryan) got to come down for the celebration so it was a great time had by all!

I celebrated my 26th Birthday in November..complete with a mid-life crisis. (Irrationally speaking, if my mother lived to be 49 then 26 is well past my prime.) 

On Thanksgiving day we did something new and celebrated at the Lucks. I took some pics of the kiddos. Here's one of my favorites from that day:
 And then it was December! Christmas! I took plenty of pictures of all my trees. Here is our Charlie-Brown Christmas tree at work:

My small tree at home in CStat. (We inherited the Atkinson tree so next year we'll have a bigger one...unless Stephen makes me abide by that whole "bigger tree when kids" rule....in which case the small tree is working pretty well! No rush.)
 And the Atkinson/Lehman tree in MP. A new tree with combined ornaments from both our families. I had a great time at Christmas home with the family, and I feel so lucky to have each of them in my life. And what an even bigger blessing to have an even bigger family this year!


With January almost under my belt, and plenty of new and exciting things happening in 2011...I can't help but think that I am exactly where God wants me to be. I feel very blessed and I'm looking forward to this new year. And hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping you updated AND with plenty of pictures!!

1 comment:

Teresa (Mom, Aunt, etc) said...

Thanks, Kerri.
The pictures are great!
I'm impressed.
Keep sending.
Love you.