Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Because HR appreciates everything you do....have a payday!

Did you know that National Employee Appreciation Day is always the first Friday in March? Well this year my employer celebrated! First, let me just say that I am shocked that I was allowed to proceed with this project, but so glad that we were able to do a little something. 

To complete this project I searched all over for 600 candy bars. Yes, you read that correctly: 600. We have 300 employees and each got 2 bars. We clearly are not promoting employee health…but alas I think everyone enjoyed their goodies when all was said and done. 

I didn’t find all the bars in one trip, so I sent a few other people out to hunt them down for me. Thank goodness we were able to find enough! 

Then the grueling task of putting together 300 goody bags. I may or may not be exaggerating on it being grueling. Perhaps time consuming is a better word. Although I had plenty of offers for help, I put them all together myself over the course of several days. It took a tad bit longer than I thought it would. 

Tags/Cards printed, cut, and hold punched. Phew!
I made 300 business card sized cards and then assembled each bag and tied it off with a green ribbon. Given that the State/TAMU is going through such a huge budget cut (28 million with talks of up to 60 million, but don’t quote me on that) it should come as no surprise that times and money are tight. A green ribbon along (the color of $) with a “100 Grand” and “Payday” are my attempt to poke fun at the situation while also showing how much we appreciate each employee. 

"You are worth more than 100 Grand to us. We appreciate all you do for the Hospital and want you to have a"Pay Day""

So what do 600 candy bars look like?:


Nom-nom-nom
Protein, anyone?

It’s surprising how quickly managers run to pick up candy as opposed to boring paperwork. All-in-all it was a fun little project and I’m so glad we celebrated this year.  And I learned that a Pay Day has about 7 grams of protein. Maybe I was promoting employee health after all. ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer | GraceLikeRainBlog said...

That is awesome! I am going to bookmark this post because you never know when you might need a good cute goodie bag! Good job on these!